Conference on the subject “Quantification of regional disaster risks and capacity building on identification of risks field”.
- Category: News
- Created: Friday, 15 January 2021 13:32
- Published: Friday, 15 January 2021 13:34
- Written by Elaman Mambetaliyev
- Hits: 222
At the meeting took part more than 50 participants. Invited participants are:
- Members of Regional Scientific and Technical Council (3 representatives from each country of Central Asia);
- National coordinators of Sendai Framework on disaster risk reduction (1 representative from each country of Central Asia);
- Representatives of United Nations Office on disaster risk reduction in Central Asia;
- Representatives of European Union delegation in Central Asia;
- Consortium members led by a company “RED Risk Engineering + Development”;
- Organizers and experts from World Bank and Center on Emergency Situations and Disaster Risk Reduction (CESDRR).
The main purpose of Conference on disaster risk assessment listed below:
- Provide a Consortium which conducts an assessment to related stakeholders as well as to members of Regional Scientific and Technical Council (RSTC), partners on development, donors and others. The Consortium led by the company “RED Risk Engineering +Development”.
- Provide a proposed structure for chapters to be prepared as part of the consultation assignment, Preliminary Report;
- Discuss and take into an account provided comments and suggestions on Preliminary Report.
Central Asian countries will be supported in building resilience to disasters and strengthening capacities for financial protection from disasters. The “Strengthening financial resilience and accelerating disaster risk reduction” program financed by GFDRR (Global Facility for Disaster Risk Reduction) which was initiated in 2019 and foresees four years of implementation, will be implemented in collaboration with the Center for Emergency Situations and Disaster Risk Reduction (CESDRR) based in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
After the fist meeting which was hold on 9th of December 2020 year, the Consortium will submit for the consideration a draft of Preliminary report on regional reduction risk assessment to RSTC. Term of consideration is 2 weeks (from December 14 to 25), during which time RSTC members will provide their suggestions/comments/amendments. The main comments and suggestions will be discussed at the second meeting, to be held on 11 January 2021. The Preliminary Report will then be finalized and the Consortium will proceed with the next steps of the consultancy.
Prerared by own materials.